The Brandt Warehouse & Mill (209 Locust Street) was built circa 1897.
On April 1, 1897, Noah Sprenkle purchased a lot from David & Clara March, and built a warehouse on the site. Curtis Leib operated the warehouse until 1915 when Daniel Brandt bought it to conduct a coal, feed, & lumber business until he passed it onto his son Verne Brandt in 1940, who then passed it on to his son Fred in 1954.
In 2003, Old Glory Barbershop relocated from its West King Street location to this warehouse location. The space is shared by Michelangelo’s Hair Studio.
Historical details in this post were compiled from “Wheels of Time” by the East Berlin Bicentennial Commission (1964) & “Wheels of Time II; The Wheels of Time Keep Turning” by the East Berlin Founder’s Day Committee (2014).